Monday, September 25, 2017

Reading Notes: Tales of a Parrot, Part B

The Frog, the Bee, and the Bird, who Killed the Elephant


In reading this story I realized that this was the perfect story for a teamwork plot. I know we aren't supposed to write our reading notes based on plot but this one was so simple yet conveyed a huge message. That is the idea of how one tells a great tale in my eyes. If you can make it easily understandable along with great meaning then there is no reason to expand. I think the frog was my favorite character in the sense that he was wise and such a team player. I think that if you have a story about a team trying to accomplish something there should be at least one person who leads the way and devises the plan. I also believe the story is a good template for a tale about respect. They all respected the Saweh and felt there should be work done to relieve his pain.


In thinking about how I could apply this story to my own writing, I was thinking I could possibly have three kids team up against a baby sitter they don't like. I was thinking have each of the kids possibly be different from each other some how though in the sense that the animals were. I was imagining the conflict be something around them wanting to go to an event and the baby sitter refusing. I was thinking maybe they get the baby sitter fired some how or embarrass the baby sitter via social media.

I liked the writing style of the story the parrot tells in the sense that it is mainly the plot described but there isn't an actual climax of what takes place when the plans actually occur. I haven't read a story like that so I kind of enjoyed the sense that it wasn't redundant because that can sometimes bore the reader.
A frog with a crown to represent the wiseness of the character found on Pixabay.

Bibliography:

The Tooti Nameh or Tales of a Parrot, by Ziya'al-Din Nakhshabi (1801).

The specific story link is found above.

No comments:

Post a Comment