Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Week 4 Story: Liam's Revenge

This post has recently been updated and can be seen here.

Liam's Revenge

"I will never forgive you for what you have done" were the last words Liam said to his sister as he kicked her out of his room and slammed the door.

"How could she be so stupid as to use my video games as frisbees?" he thought to himself.

Liam was steaming mad to the point he wanted to cry. His favorite thing in the world was to come home from school and play Xbox. Now all of his favorite games were taken from him. There would be no more getting online to play games with the guys at school. For Liam had collected these games since last Christmas when he got his Xbox. These discs were everything to him.

"She will pay. I want her to know what it is like" he thought to himself.

So Liam sat in his room on his bean bag chair that he would normally play video games and began to plot his revenge. He thought for hours and hours but couldn't figure out what he wanted to do to get his little sister back for what she had done.

"I could rip all of the pages out of her coloring book" he said to himself.
"nah that isn't good enough, she doesn't love that the way I love playing games." he quickly thought.

Liam kept thinking but couldn't figure out his perfect revenge. Until late that night Liam's mom came into his room and said "I heard about the video games honey, and I'm sorry but with time we will get you your games back."

"Now its time for bed, I just tucked your sister in with her Barbie." She told him.

An evil smile rose upon his face covering from ear to ear. Liam knew exactly what he must do.
So Liam stayed up, just lying in his bed waiting for the rest of the house to be silent. Once he realized that the coast was clear, he sprung up out of bed as if he was running late for school. He tip-toed to his sister's room so quiet that one would have thought he was a ninja. He then barely opened the door and slipped in to grab his sister's Barbie.

"Got it!" he thought as he quickly went back to his room and hid the doll like nothing had even taken place.

The next day his sister immediately noticed the Barbie was gone and complained but no one seemed to care. They both went to school but Liam couldn't pay attention in the least. All he could think about was his plan to get revenge.

Once school ended and the two got home it was time to make his point. So Liam grabbed his rain jacket and the Barbie and went to the garage. He then found some rope and tied the doll as tight as he could to his bike. Once he knew that he was able to drag Barbie he poked his head in the house and yelled "I found your Barbie in the garage come get her!"

With extreme joy his sister came running faster than ever to the garage. All she saw was her brother take off on his bike dragging her Barbie.

He dragged her through puddles.
He dragged her though mud.

As his sister began to scream and cry, Liam did nothing more than smile with that same evil grin he had the night before.

For Liam knew he had gotten his revenge and it never felt so good.

A picture of a doll's leg found on Pixabay.


Author's Note:

This story is based off the idea of revenge that is performed in Homer's The Illiad. In the story, The Slaying of Hector (end), Achilles seeks revenge for his loved friend Patroclus. In order to revenge him, he kills Hector in a drawn out fight and then ties him to a chariot drawn by horses where he rides it around the city for everyone to see what he has done. Obviously I changed the story up and had Liam symbolize Achilles, his video games symbolize Patroclus, and his sister symbolize Hector. I made the version more of a children's story although it is somewhat dark in order to emphasize the desire for people to obtain revenge when they feel they have been wronged.

Bibliography:

The Slaying of Hector (end) from Homer's The Illiad retold by Alfred J. Church (1907).



4 comments:

  1. Hi Gavin!
    Wow, I love what you did with the story. I have never read The Iliad, but this is one of the my goals this semester with this class. I have seen so many posts with images being placed at the beginning of the story, but honestly, it was so cool reading this story and then seeing the effect of the image in the end. It really tied your story together. They way you combined great amounts of detail and dialogue was a job well done. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously such a hilarious rendition of Achilles' revenge, I would have missed out on a good laugh if I had not happened to stumbled upon it. This line, "I will never forgive what you have done.", is so classic that I can see the ominous little boy face as he closes the door resolving to project his suffering onto the one who took it all from him. If you have decided to do a Portfolio instead of a Storybook, this would be a great story to include. It may be an interesting addition to project the children's dad as the character Priam and to add another character in such as a friend of Liam's as Zeus. Anyways, thanks for the good read. There are some grammar/English errors scattered around it, but it feels like your creative juices were flowing. I do hope that Liam got in trouble and eventually gave the Barbie back to his sister as Achilles did to Priam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gavin,

    I thought this story was actually hilarious. It really grabbed my attention when I found out what Liam's sister had done to his video games. I myself used to love video games as a kid. I definitely felt his pain in that moment. I remember my younger brother doing something similar many years ago! Although, I do not think I got revenge quite like Liam did. I wonder what Liam's favorite video game is? I think this would be a really cool detail to add to the story. It would also give a reference as to what place in time the story takes place. You could also add in some detail about the aftermath of Liam's actions! You could really expand upon the story and make it longer if you wanted. You could talk about the consequences of his actions and what took place after his revenge. The story could serve as a moral lesson and teach others about the effects of our individual actions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHA oh Gavin you make me laugh onfe again. Boy would I be absolutely livid if I had a sister and she did that to my stuff. I have a younger brother that annoyed me quite a bit but he wouldn't dare do something of that magnitude, that would be a tragic mistake on his part.
    Keep of the good work Gavin!

    ReplyDelete